WALTER NAYLOR DAVIS 

Served as Camp Commander sometime prior to 1939. He is shown as Sergeant at Arms for Sterling Price Camp in the 1921 issue of the Confederate Veteran Magazine (p.156). Walter Davis was born in St. Louis November 29, 1876, and was the son of Judge Alexander  and Alice (Edwards) Davis. Judge Alexander Davis served as a Colonel in the Fifth Division, Missouri State guard, and commanded the brigade at the battles of: Oak Hills, Lexington, and Elk Horn Tavern. He was captured near Osage, Missouri while on recruiting duty, and sent to Gratiot Street Prison. Governor Williard P. Hall granted a parole on the condition that leave Missouri and not participate in the war. In 1863 Judge Davis cast his lot with the denizens of the mining camps of Madison County, Montana where he was chosen to lead a vigilante group that established law and order in the camps. Walter Davis was educated at Smith’s Academy (1894), Vanderbilt (1898), and graduated from St. Louis University School of Law in 1900. In 1901 he married Miss Roberta Randolph Morrison. Mr. Davis was with the law firm of Bates, Blodgett, Williams, and Davis in 1911, and later served as Judge. A 1939 Camp roster lists him as deceased.

Sources; The Book of St. Louisans 1912, p.150-151
              1939 Sterling Price Camp #145 Roster
               Bellefontaine Cemetery Archives
 

1